Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 14 May 2020

The Circle of Life

My wargaming days, like many others, began with some boxes of Airfix soldiers, some books as hills and lying on the carpet playing out the actions seen on the old black and white war films, or in various comics at the time.

Some months ago I gave my grandson a tin full of old plastic figures thinking he might enjoy looking at them. Imagine my delight when I received these two pictures from my daughter.  Just like me some sixty years ago, the little plastic figures battle for book mountain:


I'm not sure that everyone was pleased with all the books being dragged off the shelves, but what a joy to see a young lad playing out his fantasies, rather than nose down on a computer screen.

I am seriously considering introducing him to Memoir 44 next time he comes up to visit.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant Bob, I bet you're so proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I am. Hopefully he will be gripped by Memoir '44 - that will be Christmas presents sorted for years to come!

      Delete
  2. Great photos, a kind gift and and an embryonic gamer.Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo just brought back so many happy memories for me.

      Delete
  3. He’s already building his own terrain... bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next step will be a blanket over the books, then he will have to base them....................!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete