Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Friday 1 May 2020

Prussian Guard Grenadiers - Warrior Miniatures

I really am beginning to feel that I am closing in on the end of this napoleonic Prussian project. Having just completed another infantry unit I now have just two Jaeger Battalions and another line battalion on the work bench to complete. They are well on the road to completion too.

The latest addition is a battalion of Guard Grenadiers. These figures are by Warrior Miniatures and depict the guards in full dress, although I have given them grey trousers, rather than full dress white.
As with all Warrior figures they do not look very convincing in their bare metal state, but once the paint goes on they come alive and I really like them.




9 comments:

  1. It is amazing at times what a suitable coat of paint will do for miniatures, especially when painted in a style that fits the figure design. These look very appealing and ready to roll some dice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ross, even the roughest figures can look good once painted, maybe one of the appeals of refurbishing old figures? Some of the Hinton Hunt figures on various blogs look absolutely wonderful, yet in their raw state they are not good at all.

      Delete
  2. I find the warrior figures quite attractive in a certain way. My one complaint is that the muskets tend to fall off. At any rate a few units of my Austrian Army are Warrior figures, grouped into a single Army Corps: grenadiers, shako and helmet line infantry. The few jagers fetched up as Brunswickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have seen your Warrior Austrians when I did a search on line. I agree with your comments regarding the muskets, which can be quite brittle. The older figures were cast in very bendy metal and these seem to be less prone to breakages.

      Delete
  3. Lovely. Its good to see Warrior figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog has been hijacked and posted on The Miniatures Page by Tango01.
    http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=542784
    He has been asked by other bloggers and TMP members to give credit to a blog he uses by name. This request has been ignored by him as well as the owner of TMP.
    http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=542759

    You have a great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete