Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 2 March 2023

British Napoleonic Light Infantry

 Some of these figures have been hanging around since the 70s and a few weeks ago I acquired a few more to make up a full unit.  They are the original Hinchliffe, true 25mm castings that I have a real soft spot for.  I like the fact that they are in skirmish order with no back packs and I also think that the shako looks right too.



I am on the hunt for a few more early Hinchliffe items and hope to assemble some more units.

7 comments:

  1. I can see exactly why you like them so much, Bob. I too have a soft spot for PG's early true-25s, although I have very few. I'm very pleased to hear that you intend to paint up a few more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have some Fusiliers, Line infantry and some Hanoverians, but still a bit short of a few figures to make up full units. Also there are quite a few broken bayonets that I am trying to repair.

      Delete
  2. Lovely figures, beautifully painted!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. They are a treat to paint and it is nice to tackle something different.

      Delete
    2. BTW, I just love your Waterloo model. Hours and hour of painstaking work there. It is also nice to spot some of the old Airfix troops amongst them.

      Delete
  3. I find these early Hinchliffe figures far more appealing than the later ones…
    A lovely unit Bob.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, such a shame that Hinchliffe moved onto their bigger and more bulky castings. That seemed to be the trend back in the 1980s.

      Delete