Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday 26 June 2024

More 54mm Japanese..........

 Last night I finished the remaining Japanese infantry, mainly heavy weapons.  There is a light mortar and light machine gun, both by Airfix; also a heavy machine gun.  Two more Airfix charging infantry finish off this batch.

I am not too sure where the heavy machine gun came from, possibly BMC, but I may be wrong.



I have now emptied my toy box of Airfix Japanese and Australians.  I would like to do a few more, so keeping my eye open for some bargains on line.




6 comments:

  1. Lovely work once more, a real blast from the past for me. I have never seen the HMG team before, they fit well with the Airfix ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Donnie. It seems that the machine gun team is from CTS.

      Delete
  2. They look great!

    The HMG team looks to be the one available from Classic Toy Soldiers: https://www.classictoysoldiers.com/cgi-bin/ctsc6/rtl/phd.cgi?Autoincrement=001798

    Their German HMG team has the same poses for the gunner and assistant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I had forgotten about CTS. I have a few more figures from the same source.

      Delete
  3. They look fabulous. The contrast paints work really well on the light khaki uniforms, and puttees are just great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. You would never guess with the paint names - Pallid bone and Malignant Green!

      Delete