Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Saturday 22 June 2024

Australian Infantry 54mm

 Continuing my experiments with WW2 figures and Speed Paints, I have just completed some Airfix Australian infantry.  Getting the green shade was a challenge but I finished up with a 2:1 ratio mix of 'Holy White' and 'Camo Green'.  The white is actually a light grey.  The webbing is 'Pallid Bone'.

The figures were quite clean with good definition and nice detail.

These were the only Australians that I have, so I am missing a couple of poses, including a Bren gunner figure.


8 comments:

  1. They have turned out really well, nice to see these figures a real blast form the past for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, they are rather charming and I need to get hold of the Bren gunner figure!

      Delete
  2. Very nice and indeed! Jungle Green is a hard colour to get looking right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to experiment quite a bit by adding more and more light grey to tone down the green.

      Delete
  3. I can vouch for the toughness of Australians. One survived alone in my Nan’s garden in Ringwood over the winter of 1975/76.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but I bet there is a Japanese sniper still out there!

      Delete
  4. Once again you have worked magic with the Contrast Colours Bob…
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I must say that the figures look awful at the beginning, but seem to come together when the final colours are applied.

      Delete