Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Friday 10 February 2023

Classic Airfix german infantry

 I am sure everyone has had at least one box of these figures during their wargaming lifetime.  they have been around for decades.  I have lost count of the number of Airfix Germans that I have owned, painted, sold, bought again and painted once more over the years.

This lot have been in my possession since the 1980s, which is when they were first painted.  Recently I dug them out, tidied them and rebased them.  They are seen here with other Airfix classics, including the 88mm gun and half track as well as the PAK 40 and Opel Blitz truck. 

I have converted a few of the figures to give me some anti tank guns and the 88mm crew is also not Airfix:





I am working on some tanks and support troops to create a battle group.  More to come


2 comments:

  1. Classic figures indeed Bob….
    I certainly had quite a few of these… I still think the 88 is one of the best kits Airfix made.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a lovely model, although it was a shame that they did not add a set of crew figures in action. In fact, I like all of the Airfix 1/76 vehicle range apart from the german eight wheel armoured car, which has incorrect mudguards and looks really bad.

      Delete