Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Saturday 24 December 2022

Minifigs Nassau Grenadiers

 I started these figures a couple of years ago and then set them aside as I already had one unit of grenadiers and did not really need more.  In reality there was just a company of grenadiers in each battalion. However, in the old Minifigs S range there were no line troops for Nassau, just these figures complete with standard bearer.  If you wanted Nassau line infantry in shakos the only option was to use French infantry in later uniforms wearing trousers.  These figures are quite hard to find nowadays.

So, I decided to use a bit of modellers license and add these grenadiers to my Anglo Dutch army, acying as combined grenadiers battalions (which I am sure never occurred).




Merry Christmas everyone!


9 comments:

  1. The Season's greetings to you and yours, Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, looking forward to a brighter 2023 too.

      Delete
  2. No excuses needed. They're glorious! Merry Christmas Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do add a splash of colour to the rather dull allied uniforms.

      Delete
  3. Wargamers' licence. A few years ago at a bring and buy I bought about 30 2nd-hand guys painted up as Nassauers. They are just the French guys (FN16 and FN56 mostly), but they will do as some 'allied' corps. A small number served in my Waterloo battle - were armed in the presence of the enemy was about the size of it!

    Incidentally, checking over just what my 'Nassauers' were, I found that my 40-year old Minifigs catalogue lists NN7 as Nassauer line infantry advancing... Is that now a discontinued line?
    Cheers, and best wishes for Christmas and New Year,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that NN7 is from the late 70s/early 80s (current range) and is indeed the Nassau Line infantry advancing figure. I am guessing these were produced before the earlier S range series was completed. In my 1973 catalogue there are only four figures listed, all Grenadiers. I am using S range FN69 for the line infantry, which work well - if you can find them! Merry Christmas.

      Delete
    2. Bob -
      I had a closer look at those 'Nassauers' of mine, and discovered that two - just the two out of 30 figures - are indeed the S-Range Grenadiers like those you have pictured. They are just a whisker more 'gracile' than the other 'Third Generation' figures (as I call them). Yes, the FN69 figure looks just right.
      Cheers,
      Ion

      Delete
  4. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Bob and Family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, and to you. Hoping for a more pleasant 2023.

      Delete