Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Del Prado conversion

 From French Marshal to Hamilton's Horse.

The Del Prado figure of Marshal Turenne, Battle of the Dunes 1658 is a good size to match my 54mm collection and wears a uniform suitable for the 1690 campaign in Ireland.  Unfortunately he is waving a baton rather than a sword.  However, I was able to buy some sword arms and other bits from Tradition of London and quickly replaced his right arm.

The Turenne figure is quite common and can be found cheaply on eBay.  I now have five.  My plan is to create two four figure mounted regiments.

Otherwise the figure was pretty much good to go.  I decided to paint the figure as Williamite Hamilton's Horse, with grey tunic, faced in red.  The horse was repainted too:

Hamilton's Horse is on the left, with Turenne in black on the right:


Just to show the scale of these figures he is set alongside one of my foot units - Dutch Foot Guards:





4 comments:

  1. Very nice work on them, I am really enjoying seeing your 54mm project taking shape, lots of great stuff on show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, yes it is slowly coming together. I have just about enough Williamite forces and have begun working on the Jacobites. The truth is that many of the units can be used for either side, with it being a civil war.

      Delete
  2. A cunning plan!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, a plan which I think is coming together!

      Delete