Does anybody know what this figure represents? It is almost certainly a Miniature Figurines S Range sculpt and is 25mm. I am thinking Mongol? There is no catalogue number either on top of or underneath the base.
I thought that I may be able to help with my old Minifigs catalogue (circa 80s), but can perhaps only help with what it is not. - The possible ranges for such a figure in the catalogue are The Renaissance Period, Armies of the Dark Ages, Armies and Enemies of the Crusades & Feudal Europe. - In the first is 'RT 2 Turkish infantryman/Spear and Shield'? Sadly there are no photos from this range. - None of the figures in the Dark Ages range that are photographed match yours and the sculpting does not match either. - In the last, there doesn't seem to be anything that would suit. Could he be a Boxer perhaps? Or mediaeval Chinese? I couldn't find anything on the 'Lost Minis Wiki'. I hope that someone can give you more than this. It's always frustrating to have an unidentified figure. Best wishes, James
Thanks James, I agree, frustrating.. My search has followed a similar path, trawling through The Old metal Detector, The Lone S Ranger, Eastern Garrison and many more. I too have lots of possibles, but none seem to fit the bill. I have looked at the current range to see if there is a figure that looks similar. No luck so far.
The baggy trousers are odd and don't fit many of the Ancients ranges. The shield tends to push the figure back in time, but to where? He remains a mystery for the time being, probably belonging to a range that was not popular. I have even looked at the various Fantasy ranges.
A very nice figure, can't help you with the mystery of it but Mongol would seem to fit the bill.
ReplyDeleteThanks Donnie. The search continues. Hopefully someone out there will know.
DeleteI thought that I may be able to help with my old Minifigs catalogue (circa 80s), but can perhaps only help with what it is not.
ReplyDelete- The possible ranges for such a figure in the catalogue are The Renaissance Period, Armies of the Dark Ages, Armies and Enemies of the Crusades & Feudal Europe.
- In the first is 'RT 2 Turkish infantryman/Spear and Shield'? Sadly there are no photos from this range.
- None of the figures in the Dark Ages range that are photographed match yours and the sculpting does not match either.
- In the last, there doesn't seem to be anything that would suit.
Could he be a Boxer perhaps? Or mediaeval Chinese?
I couldn't find anything on the 'Lost Minis Wiki'.
I hope that someone can give you more than this. It's always frustrating to have an unidentified figure.
Best wishes, James
Thanks James, I agree, frustrating.. My search has followed a similar path, trawling through The Old metal Detector, The Lone S Ranger, Eastern Garrison and many more. I too have lots of possibles, but none seem to fit the bill. I have looked at the current range to see if there is a figure that looks similar. No luck so far.
DeleteThe baggy trousers are odd and don't fit many of the Ancients ranges. The shield tends to push the figure back in time, but to where? He remains a mystery for the time being, probably belonging to a range that was not popular. I have even looked at the various Fantasy ranges.
Those trousers make me think Persian...?? 🤔
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve. You may be correct, although the head gear looks a little odd to me.
Delete