As I mentioned before, I have been going through some old memory sticks and have found a few old pictures from around 2008. This one stood out as i had forgotten about it and recalled the fun I had painting the model and the figures. The aircraft is depicted as having landed at a jungle airstrip to drop off supplies and pick up a wounded soldier.
The aircraft is a Westland Lysander, probably Airfix with Far East markings. I think the kit originally had a spy figure in a trench coat!
The figures are a mix of Airfix, Revell and Matchbox. The observer's head was turned to the right to give the impression that he is watching the loading operation.
The settting is just a textured board with a picture of a jungle scene downloaded from the internet.

I seem to recall having to add a fuel tank and scratch build a ladder for my Airfix Lysander with no sign of SOE agent or similar - was the kit souped up and re-released?
ReplyDeleteI had both a Frog and an Airfix version of this kit. I am pretty sure that there was an agent figure that could be placed at the bottom of the steps. However, it was a long time ago when I built it.
DeleteI think it was the Frog model that had the agent and SEAC markings.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234992205-a-couple-of-172-westland-lysanders/
You may well be correct. My model was definitely Airfix but I used the SEAC decals from the Frog kit. You can see the crew member is a classic Airfix pilot figure.
DeleteWhat a fabulous diorama!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James, it was a lot of fun putting it together at the time.
DeleteIt seems that Airfix released a few versions from the 60’s to 80’s and they made the kit with the man climbing on board. The Frog kit had figures but they are rather different.
ReplyDeletehttps://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/gb/harringtonlys.htm
Thanks for clarifying, it is all a bit hazy for me!
DeleteThanks for that, sorry it was 'anonymous', not sure how that happened.
DeleteI built the Matchbox kit back in the day...lots of fun spending my pocket money at the local toy shop Saturday morning and have a completed model by Sunday night! Great memories.
ReplyDelete