Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday 6 December 2023

Rapid Fire

 Will and I plan to have another go at Rapid Fire.  In our last couple of games the defending Germans defeated the assaulting US army, mainly due to the presence of two Panther tanks.  The US Shermans were no match, after which the US infantry was rolled up quite quickly.

We agreed that our next game would involve less powerful tanks on the German side.  With that in mind I have acquired a couple of Panzer IVs and a pair of Stug IIIs.  Should we confront the Panthers again I now have some 76mm armed Shermans too.

A shortcomings during our last game was the lack of artillery observers and we had to use random command figures in this role, so I have now created one each for the US and Germans.  In addition I have produced a German sniper team:


As with the other of my Rapid Fire forces, I am using the versatile Valiant plastic figures.

Once I have completed the new tanks and other figures I will show some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking useful figures Bob…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. They are lovely figures to paint and being hard plastic the conversion possibilities are endless.

      Delete