Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 5 November 2023

Airfix French Line Infantry

 Every once in a while I get enormous pleasure from painting the old Airfix plastic figures.  With all of their inaccuracies and silly poses, they do look rather delightful after a splash of paint.

Just for fun I renovated these old 'Waterloo' French line infantry.  They officer is a conversion, using the head and torso of the mounted figure:

One day, it might be fun to play a small game with these figures.

10 comments:

  1. What is not to love? Great looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. Looking forward to trying them out on the table.

      Delete
  2. They look great Bob! Strangely I never have painted any Airfix French so perhaps I should do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite being smaller, they are easy to paint with good detail.

      Delete
  3. They look splendid Bob and should definitely see some action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT, I will need to dig out some 1970s rules and give them a go on the table.

      Delete
  4. They look the business Bob
    I remember trying to work out how many boxes I would have to get so I could make an army of full units of marching figures…
    I gave up when I realised that I would need to have many many more paper rounds to cover the cost 😁.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. Fortunately there are now thousands of these figures on eBay going for a song!

      Delete
  5. Love 'em and can never get enough of them. Brilliant idea to convert the officer to foot and really well executed too!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. I have had a go at converting a British Officer too. I will see how he looks when I have painted him.

      Delete