Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Friday 7 December 2018

WW1 German Army - Airfix and others

Having painted three Airfix German Regiments I have given up due to the amount of flash on the figures. The most difficult areas being around the spiked helmet. I needed four more regiments and so I have resorted to Hat figugures and a few Emhar.  For artillery I have used Hat guns and a mix of Airfix abd Hat crews.  I now have a completed army ready for my Mons battle:

The whole army:
Artillery:
High Command:
More casualty markers:
Hat infantry:
Hat Jaegers:
Heavy Artillery:
Advance!








13 comments:

  1. It's a shame from a nostalgic pov but the Hat figures seem to fit well and they all look excrexcel painted up.

    The Zvezda WW1 figures are superb but apart from being a pain to assemble they are 1 size too big to fit in comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross. I did look at the Zvezda figures, but as you say they are a little on the large size, especially when compared to the British.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I remember some of the those Germans from the Balloon Buster model diorama kit I had in the early 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember that kit - was it a kit with aircraft in it too?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it contained one SPAD, a vacuform balloon, and a bunch of German figures.
      See: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/p05-mpc-72-1207-balloon-buster-133922336

      Delete
  3. A good looking force. It is nice to see you have also incorporated the dead and wounded figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use the casualty figures as markers, which help me to total up the victory points durig a game.

      Delete
  4. I spy Matchbox... It all looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob,
    Well done there on your WW1 Germans and British Armies. It is a shame about the Airfix figures being too difficult to remove the plastic flash. I like what you have done with these Collections- a great standard. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kev, now we have to see how they fight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s a shame Airfix pulled the new WWI sets they had announced for the Centenary

    ReplyDelete