Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Progress report

I have completely run out of Douglas Miniatures raw material having painted every last man in my stash and I have discovered that the 200th anniversary of the battle of Waterloo in June has placed orders for Crimean reinforcements in a long queue. So, while I await the quartermaster to get supplies rolling once more I have been diverted into using more plastic troops. In the pipeline is a unit of Royal Marines. These will be conversions from the Strelets range, as will a unit of Chasseurs d' Afrique. I am also playing around with a box of plastic British siege artillery, as no doubt in the future I will look at some form of battle to reflect the siege of Sebastapol.

As for planning the next battle, I am hoping to be ready to have a go at my interpretation of the battle of Balaclava  in June, when I have some spare time. I have assembled most of the troops that I need, I have started work on the terrain and have a fair idea as to how to set out the battle - I am looking forward to see what happens.

1 comment: