Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 8 June 2014

42nd Highland Regiment - The Black Watch

Today I finished my second Douglas Miniatures Highland unit, The Black Watch. Easily distinguished by their blue facings and famous red hackles, the regiment formed part of the Highland Brigade, within the 1st British Division. My other Battalion is the 93rd Highlanders, of thin red line fame. The officer, standard bearers and piper are Minifigs S Range figures (available from John Cunningham)














Here are the two Highland Regiments deployed together:




Fortunately Roger Fenton was there with his camera to capture the scene!




The next unit will be the Scots Fusilier Guards, again by Douglas Miniatures, plus some Turkish cavalry.



6 comments:

  1. Another delightful unit. I do not comment on each of your posts but I always enjoy seeing the latest unit and most times it results in my giving even more of my money to old John.

    This time I am safe as I have already bought a bag full of highlanders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Wouldn't it be great if either examples or the moulds of the command figures were to turn up? Must be some out there somewhere.

      Delete
  2. Agreed, and the two battalions together look amazing. Have you thought about adding the other unit of the Crimean-era Highland Brigade? The 79th, wasn't it?

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are quite correct. I will need to paint the 79th to finish of the 1st Division, with all six Regiments. My next british unit will be the Scots Fusilier Guards.

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Very impressive Black Watch regiment!

    ReplyDelete