Bit of a mega project this one, but today I finished painting and basing the rest of Jef's French French line infantry. There are a few more line grenadiers and voltigeurs to complete, but the bulk of the line infantry are now ready to take to the field.
Altogether there are 18 battalions. I have set them up here as three, six battalion brigades, each with a commander and a division commander at the head. Or, it could be three divisions with a corps commander, depending upon the scenario.
I have still to do the Guard cavalry, again combining my figures with those from Jef's collection. There are no Guard infantry, but there are plenty of unpainted figures in boxes and I am preparing a batch of five battalions of Old Guard. more on that as they develop.
There are quite a few guns to base as well.




Gosh, that is a pretty impressive collection en masse.
ReplyDeleteThanks Martin. I must parade the Austrians as they outnumber the French!
DeleteThey look terrific - great work!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stryker, although half of the credit should go to Jef!
DeleteA very impressive collection ! , well done sir .
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment. Not quite there yet, still some more to rebase and reorganise!
DeleteFabulous massed French infantry, no wargamer should be without - you can never have enough. Eight of those in line one behind the other would make an impressive divisional column as used by D'Erlon's Corps at Waterloo.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rob, maybe a Waterloo scenario should be on the cards, I could dig out the Union Brigade to ride them down too!
DeleteAvery impressive parade, they look really top notch, the Warrior Napoleonics are very elegant figures in my opinion, they look super en masse.
ReplyDeleteThanks Donnie. I always thought that Warrior Figures undersold their castings. Most of the shop gallery consisted of black and white pictures of crude unpainted castings whereas, if they had used painted examples and some of the upgraded figures they might have been more popular. Now they seem to have been consigned to history.
DeleteThat is very impressive!
ReplyDeleteWait until you see the whole army completed!
DeleteNo wonder I became a basket case.
ReplyDeleteThey are lovely and the painting is of consistent high quality. Still got the Guard, artillery and Saxons to do though!
DeleteBeautiful! An absolute delight to see them en masse.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James, these old Warrior figures look OK painted and based.
Delete