Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 15 September 2022

Epic Waterloo - French Imperial Guard

 My Warlord Epic Waterloo 15mm French army is nearing completion.  While I was waiting for the bulk of the figures to come back from the painter I purchased an Imperial Guard set and began painting them.  They are lovely figures but are a real test for my eyes.  The figures appear to be 13.5mm, rather than 15mm  and consist of ranks of 10 figures, with 80 figures making a battalion.

Here are two battalions of Imperial Guard Grenadiers.  Fortunately they are in campaign dress which simplifies the painting, although you could really go to town on the detail with the right brush and decent eyesight!


The officer figures are also from the Epic range, but Napoleon is a 15mm Minifigs casting.  I bought him before Warlord brought out their senior commander sets.

I am now in the process of organising and basing the rest of the French.  Pictures to follow shortly.

4 comments:

  1. Hello there Bob,

    They are looking suitably menacing and very impressive en masse! I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the French - any Carabiniers at all?

    Lovely job.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DC. These figures do turn out rather well, although it was a bit of a shock switching from 28mm colonials to 15mm. There is indeed a regiment of Carabiniers and splendid they are too.

      Delete
  2. Lovely job, I have some on painting sticks at the moment and so can appreciate the work that you have put into these. The Napoleon figure is a nice sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. I purchased the Minifigs senior staff figures, five British and five French, before Warlord brought out their own. I have mounted them on Warlord bases and they work pretty well with the plastic figures.

      Delete