Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Japanese Defenders - Airfix WW2

 To give my recently painted US Marines an opposition I have started to paint some Airfix Japanese infantry.  To begin with I thought some dug in infantry would be required and rather than just stick the figures behind some sandbags or similar I thought I would try and make some trenches.

This is the result:

I constructed the trenches by first building a framework out of matchsticks:


Added some detail:


Cut some figures at the waist:

Stuck them in the trench:


Built up the earth using filler:


Sprayed the trenches overall brown:


Then finished off by painting the figures, shading and adding some flock, resulting in instant defensive positions:





I might have a go at a couple of machinegun nests next



9 comments:

  1. They look grand Bob, much better than my poor attempts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that Paul, seeing the quality of models on your blog.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! How about a couple of earth and log bunkers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just started building a couple, but am concerned that they will be too bulky and high. Will see how it works out.

      Delete
  3. Clever!
    Peter Laing used to make 15mm WW1 trenches or foxholes with couple of figures in this style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Peter Laing, a prolific producer of wargaming items. I wish they were still available.

      Delete
  4. Excellent trench work, most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I wish Peter Laing were still about too. I had a load of his colonials but lord knows what happened to them!

    ReplyDelete