Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 13 May 2021

Inspiration

Having just painted my Airfix French Foreign Legion, I could not resist digging out my copy of Beau Geste.  Written in 1924, it is that well known tale of the Legion in Algeria.  

Unfortunately I do not have an original, with my book being reprinted in 1994; however, it does contain those wonderful illustrations by Helen McKie, of which some are in colour.



I especially like picture 2 as he gazes towards Airfix Fort Sahara! Lots of inspiration, although my recollection of the story is vague and I will have to read it again.


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant reminder... 50 years ago I had the Green Dragon version.. :o)

    https://jemimapett.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/beau-geste.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my version was reproduced by Readers Digest.

      Delete