Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Friday 8 March 2019

Refurbished Minifigs French Infantry

I bought a huge pile of secondhand, poorly painted Minifigs 25mm napoleonics some years back and every once in a while I dig some out and repaint them.  Over the last couple of weeks I have been repainting three French line units.

This is what the figures looked like when purchased:
They needed stripping back and cleaning up. 

Here is the first unit, French Fusiliers:
The second, Line Voltigeurs:
And another Fuslier unit:
And the lot brigaded together:
Just too late for the action at Klingenhofen!





15 comments:

  1. Very nice looking units. It is always pleasing to see these old figures refurbished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    They look magnificent! they remind me very much of the games I used to fight using the Airfix Napoleonic rules when Minifigs ruled the roost.

    I am now in possession of a huge number of unpainted Minifigs for the late 17th/18th century and so will be looking to achieve similar results once I have nailed down the armies that I will be tackling.

    Really good to see these taking the field once again.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily, I have just started looking at my Minifigs AWI figures, with a view to refurbishment.

      Delete
  3. Nice refurbishment. How do you strip off the old paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Bartoline TX10, which is much kinder than other paint strippers.

      Delete
  4. Splendid colors, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Despite the negative comments that these figures often receive, I think they look very good once painted.

      Delete
  6. They have scrubbed up rather well Bob...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, they look pretty grim as they are painted and it is only once their faces and bases are painted that they come into their own.

      Delete
  7. I always like the Minifigs sculpts from the early 70's, nice spirited poses and crisp detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem a bit broard, but I suppose that allows more detail, but I agree they are lovely castings, which makes them easier to paint.

      Delete