Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 22 July 2018

Opening More Boxes - US Armour

A rummage through the containers turned up three boxes of US tanks, half-tracks and SP guns.  I know there should be more as I am sure there are some General Lee tanks and possibly a few others. maybe they will turn up as I dig deeper.

There is one box of M4 Shermans:
A box of M-24 Chaffees, a tank destroyer and some half-tracks:
And a box of SP guns and more half tracks:
Most are in good order. A few bits have dropped off ans some of the soft plastic tracks had perished and need attention.

Altogether a nice little armoured force and probably more than enough for the table top.



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am particularly pleased with the artillery. I had forgotten about those 155mm guns!

      Delete
  2. It reminds me of that dream we all have from time to time of finding a model or Wargaming shop stuffed full of Minitanks, Merit Trees, Hinton Hunt 20mm, Eidai etc all at 1970s prices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Merit trees, still some of the best for wargaming in my 'umble opinion. Although I wasn't keen on the poplar trees.

      Delete
  3. Quite a collection of kit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a splendid collection... I am looking forward to seeing what else you find.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, with each box I find some long forgotten items, especially old conversions done before the manufacturers produced them.

      Delete