Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Monday 12 August 2013


The Crimean War with Douglas Miniatures

Way back in the early 1970s my brothers and I amassed a collection of Crimean War (1854-56) soldiers made by a company called Douglas Miniatures. They used to arrive in the post in sturdy red boxes wrapped in tissue paper.   I am not sure exactly when, but the figures went out of production a few years later as better quality figures appeared on the scene and the Crimean war was eclipsed by other periods of warfare, especially the Napoleonic wars. As we grew older and went our separate ways these little soldiers were forgotten, many were broken and were eventually lost.

It was not until 2012 that I discovered that a well known individual from the 20mm wargame world, John Cunningham had bought the molds and was gradually reintroducing the range, which also includes a small number of Napoleonic and war of the Spanish succession figures. I was hooked and soon I was painting and recreating the armies of Russia and Britain in 20mm.

My aim with this blog is to show samples of the complete Douglas Miniatures Crimean War range as I progress through the pile of lead figures that have now arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment