Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 19 July 2018

Army Reforms - Germans and British

Continuing with the seemingly endless rebasing sessions I have now reorganised two lots of old Matchbox 1/76 soldiers.

First up are some Germans, supported by an Airfix PAK-40 anti-tank gun:
And from the same manufacturer, British infantry, with an Airfix 6 pdr anti-tank gun:
The same lot with their transport and OP scout car:
Although not quite the same as my old Airfix figures, I quite like the Matchbox offerings as they have a good variety of supporting weapons in the form of machine guns and mortars, that were not included in the Airfix sets.

Having unearthed these old figures I have started to open up boxes of made up old Airfix kits, that I have started to base, where appropriate. To start off with I am putting my towed artillery on bases:

The first group is British field artillery by Airfix:



6 comments:

  1. Loving the 25 pounders.... Not something you get to say every day 😁

    My first two Airfix kits... 25 pounder/Quad and 6 pounder/ Universal Carrier.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always had a soft spot for these kits, although I could never get the figure firing the 25pdr to look any good!

      Delete
  2. Very nice, I'e still got quite a few Airfix 6pdrs, 25pdrs and 5.5" howitzers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should have some of these just for old times sake!

      Delete
  3. Always liked Matchbox figures. My first sets (one British and US, two German) were part of my 10th birthday kit bundle in 1976. I did very well for kits that year - my dad was going into hospital for a double hernia op and wanted something to do when he came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought it a shame that Matchbox did not produce any Russian figures, apart from the one hard plastic guy that came with the T-34 kit.

    ReplyDelete