Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 22 October 2017

Peninsular Warriors - More French Troops

Here is the First Battalion, with their green over white plumes:
This unit gives me enough troops to form my first wargames Division; consisting of a couple of line battalions, a light battalion, a grenadier battalion, a field battery and a light cavalry regiment. My aim is to have three of these division, to form a corps sized force.

Here is a picture of such a division deployed; they are all Warrior figures:
In the pipeline I have two more French battalions, French horse artillery and two Spanish cavalry regiments.

4 comments:

  1. I like this sort of "bath-tubbing". Its a good way to make a reasonable number of miniatures feel like an army.

    I also like the idea of using company colours to aid inn distinguishing units. After all, if 1 man can represent 20 or 50, why can't 1 company represent 6?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keen to have sufficient units early on so that I can get down to a game. Once the latest batch of French are completed I could fight a small action, then it will be back to the Spanish to round off their organisation.

      Delete
  2. Looking good! You are really cranking 'em out.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I can keep up my painting mojo!

    ReplyDelete