Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 12 October 2017

For interest - Austrian gunners

I needed some Austrian Artillery to go with my S range Minifigs Austrian Army, however, after months of searching I have not been able to find any. I thought I would try some Warrior figures to see how they would work together and I was happy to find, that despite the very different pose styles, size wise, they work OK. Here is a picture of some Warrior Austrian Horse Artillery with some old S Range minifigs in the background:


Austrian foot artillery look like this:


4 comments:

  1. Huh. I thought the Slouch hat was later, mine are in bicornes.

    Lovely animation in those lads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my vision of Austrian gunners sees them in bicornes, but early on the slouch hat seemed to be used. there are references to it being worn with the turned up side let down.

      Delete
  2. Yes, more lovely Warrior figures. How come, I wonder, you don't see more units/armies made up with Warrior figures? They have always been, and remain, extremely economical. I might just have to assemble a unit of their generic mid-18th century infantry.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I have 4 spare Austrian S Range gunners if you want them.

    Drop me an email via my blog.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete