Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Saturday 22 February 2020

African Alliance

I have been thinking about creating an enemy for my Roman army, using what I have in 'stock'.  I have a mixture of figures, most of which have undergone conversions in the past, but they all look as though, with a bit of painting, they could become ancient North African forces. 

I have already painted some Egyptians and some Libyans and the latest lot are generic North Africans:

I also have a pile of Picts and this latest unit I have dubbed as Pictish Mercenary Warband:
The figures are all Minifigs S range, apart from the drummer - a current Minifig offering. I will keep producing units as when my mojo dictates in the coming months

8 comments:

  1. Great figures and unit ideas. I look forward to seeing this project develop. What rules will you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am going to be using Command and Colors Ancients for my initial games. I am not well versed in ancient wargaming, so will see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think the original figures are supposed to be ancient Indians, but have been converted, so I have given them a northeast African feel.

      Delete
  3. These beautiful North Africans figures look fantastic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a bit imaginary, but they should look OK en masse!

      Delete
  4. Yes, the first lot are Indians, the second lot are Picts (I think)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that you are correct. The Indians are 'Chiefs' and the picts have had different shields added made from drawing pins. Not sure about the Indian shields either.

      Delete