Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday 5 June 2024

More Punic War 54mm Figures

 Speed paints are allowing me to produce a unit every 24 hours or so.  I have a bit of a production line with a unit being based and primed, while another is being painted. Off the conveyor belt today is a unit of Italian allied infantry:


And some African light infantry.  Their grey tunics are supposed to be off white, but the Speed Paint comes out as a murky grey colour.  I am not too happy with the way the paint has gone on to the shields, looking a bit blotchy.  I think the reason for the latter is a different primer.  I ran out of my trusty Halfords white and the alternative was a bit glossy which may explain the result.


Off to Halfords tomorrow to replenish socks!

4 comments:

  1. You are on a real roll at the moment, more very nice figures and very good work on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, still churning them out. About four boxes to go!

      Delete
  2. I also generally use Halfords primers,, but Last time I went to my local store, they had no stock! For the African infantry I'm sure you could touch up their shields with normal paint. I did their 20mm equivalents as Carthaginian Citizen infantry (based as Auxilia).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably the right solution. I took a peek at your 1/72 Ancient armies on your blog. Very nice they look too.

      Delete