Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Tuesday 16 April 2024

British Infantry 1690

 Last weekend I painted some more 54mm Williamite period troops.  This time it was some British infantry from Irregular Miniatures.  In fact they are from the Marlburian range but Ian Kay very kindly changed the heads to incorporate the broad brimmed hat that preceded the tricorne.

These troops are from Kirke's Irish Regiment that fought with King Billy in 1690.  They were a delight to paint, only taking a few hours using speed paints:




6 comments:

  1. I like those figures, they are really nice and very well painted. One of my favourite regiments, love the red/green uniform, works so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donnie. There is something charming about the uniforms of this era that looks really nice in model form. My plan is to raise around ten units for each side, plus cavalry and pitch an action across the Boyne!

      Delete
  2. I’m with Donnie here…
    A very pretty unit and the Red with Green facings is a lovely combination.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I think that the simple cut of the uniform helps too, with large blocks of colour and basic design.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff, Bob. Wonderful looking colour scheme which your painting has done proud. They'd certainly catch my attention if they were formed up across the tabletop from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. I hope to have a few more soon with some different facing colours.

      Delete