Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Tuesday 18 July 2023

The Russian Restoration

 Over the years I have collected quite a pile of Minifigs S range Napoleonic Russians and apart from the odd dabble, I have not done a lot with them.  The recent couple of wet weekends gave me the opportunity to rectify things.  Having roughly sorted the figures out (they were all lumped together in a drawer) I was able to see what I had.  Most of the figures were painted to some degree, some very good, others not so.  Also, many were still attached to a variety of bases.

After a day of tidying them up I began to work through them.  Some required a complete repaint, others a quick touch up.  All required new bases.  

There were a lot of Guards figures, about eight battalions worth.  I have completed four and will become the basis for a Grenadier Division.

Here they are, the completed Russian army:



This is about the halfway point, with many more cavalry, infantry and artillery to go.


6 comments:

  1. A fine look force so far Bob…
    The army should look very impressive whe it is finished.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I have enough now for a decent game and will work through the rest in slower time.

      Delete
  2. 15 battalions is pretty impessive, as you say time for soem hussars and more guns, after all these are Russians. Looking forward to seeing them turn up in an AAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment Rob. Yes, it is a nice size army for a decent game. The next tranche will indeed require more gunners and cavalry.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I do like the simple green and white of the Russian infantry.

      Delete