Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 9 July 2023

Anyone Remember These? - Clydecast

 I was having a rummage in the roof space of my garage and found a box, within a box that I had not seen for decades.  It was a box of 25mm French Napoleonic infantry by the company Clydecast.  Most will be aware of the ship models from this now defunct manufacturer, but I wonder if anyone has examples or remembers this brief foray into the wargame figure world (at least I assume it was brief).  

I did have some cavalry too, but they were sold or swapped long ago.



I seem to remember liking the figures when they arrived, but not doing much with them as they were a bit on the large size for my existing collection.  Here are a few samples from the box:
And here is a comparison picture with an early Hinchliffe British Fusilier (on the right).
The figures are about 27mm foot to eye when measured:


I believe there were some British figures too, but I did not buy any.

I would be interested in any views on these figures and if there are any still around in collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment