Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 28 July 2022

Epic Battles Waterloo 15mm British Army

 Last night I finished off the last of the figures in the British Army starter set making up 15 battalions of infantry, seven of cavalry and five batteries of artillery.  In all over 1000 figures.  I must confess that I did not paint them all, sending a load off to a painting service. On completion they look good and fit in well with my 5" hex playing surface.

Here is an army overview:

The infantry:

I bought some French and painted them as Nassau allies. I will paint some Belgians and dutch too:


There is a heavy cavalry brigade of four regiments:


A light cavalry brigade of three regiments:

Each cavalry Brigade has a horse artillery battery in support:

As well as three batteries of foot artillery:

Finally a command group as there are plenty of spare mounted officer figures:









10 comments:

  1. Hello there Bob,

    Wow! That looks really good and has a great mass impact. Looking forward to seeing them up against the French in due course. Lovely job!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DC, They do look good when all are laid out on the table. I am not whether I could fit too many more on a 6 x 4 table though. There are lots of units. I should have the French done by September, although I have some Guards on the table already.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the Epic numbers grow. I am just working on some artillery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoy painting them, but there are rather a lot!

      Delete
  3. That really is an epic army. What a lot of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opening the box is a big surprise, and a bit daunting too.

      Delete
  4. They look very impressive Bob…
    I look forward to seeing the French when they are done.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, aiming to have the French up and running in September.

      Delete
  5. The epic Nappies look very nice and ideal for hex games. I was a bit disappointed by the ACW ‘fits both sides’ thing - maybe they will do a Perry and release separate Confederate and Union later on? If they do ECW I may be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I think the ACW sets were a missed opportunity, but I guess that being first it was a bit of a market tester. As you say, they may add more units in the future.

      Delete