Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 2 May 2021

Hinchliffe 20mm German Infantry

 In the catelogue, Hinchliffe list G2 as a figure advancing with SMG.  This early Hinchliffe figure, I suspect, is meant to represent an NCO wearing a field cap.  In my opinion this is the worst figure brought out by Hinchliffe.  The casting is crude, the pose is strange, with limbs out of proportion and the sub-machine gun is very crude to say the least.  However, the figure is part of the 20mm WW2 range and part of the history of this company.

I decided to paint this figure (and his colleagues) and an officer and ammunition carrier, in tropical uniform as I could not see him fitting in alongside my other figures:

 




 


6 comments:

  1. I remember the Hinchliffe WW2 range , not one of their best I'm afraid .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call them ‘unique’, but some were very nice and they all had a certain charm. I liked the British HQ set but the PIAT gunner and his portable wall really bugged me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The early offerings were very poor, but they did improve over time, but they became bigger and more stocky too.

      Delete
  3. I own three, a German gunner with binoculars, a Russian gunner and a Russian officer which I bought as a schoolboy. They looked much better in the Hinchliffe Handbook than in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, I think I have examples of all of those elsewhere on this blog.

      Delete