Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Thursday 3 October 2019

Hinchliffe WW2 Russians

The second very kind gift was of a quantity of Hinchliffe 20mm Russian infantry and gunners.  There are sufficient figures to make up a useful force with support weapons.

The infantry come in three basic poses - an officer, an infantry man with a sub-machine gun and a rifleman:
Here is the whole infantry force:
In addition the batch of figures contained enough crews to man four support weapons. First off, I used three to man a mortar:
Two further crews were used to man a couple of 76mm guns by Irregular Miniatures:
The last crew were used to man a seriously large anti-tank gun, again by Irregular Miniatures:
Finally, I also finished this German Pak 40 by Hinchliffe, with a crew:





6 comments:

  1. I quite like these. The old Hinchliffe may not have the crisp detail of the better plastics but once well painted like these, the subtle animation looks very realistic to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I have always had a soft spot for them. They do vary in size and the early figures are much smaller than later offerings.

      Delete
  2. I had some 45mm AT guns and crews which painted up beautifully. Made me a few quid at the SELWG bring and buy in the early nineties 👍. Quite impressed by the Irregular guns - I notice they are using your toys to advertise them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I occasionally send Ian Kay some pictures of his products if I feel that I have done a reasonable paint job on them.

      Delete
  3. Nice work. I especially like the gunner crews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guners are a tad smaller than the infantry and so work well with the Irregular Miniatures guns.

      Delete