Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Monday 18 July 2016

Russian Infantry Columns - ESCI

I have had a heap of unpainted ESCI plastic Russian infantry, that are from the Crimean War artillery set, sitting in a box for many years and I have never had the urge to paint them. The other day I bought a load more; enough to form four Battalions in the same pose. During a marathon painting sssion over the weekend I managed to paint and base nearly 100 figures. I converted some drummers and standard bearers and gave the officer figures greatcoats, rather than the incorrect frock coat.

Here they advancing in column:



 Here Russian infantry advance screened by my recently finished Strelets skirmishers

7 comments:

  1. A glorious, mass effect that does a wonderful job of portraying the dense columns described at the time. Well done!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Bob. They are not the most inspiring figure in the world and I have a couple do units myself. I must say yours look rather better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made an excellent job on those fellows-did not think they could look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing productivity, Bob. Fine looking regiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lines of troops, mass effect is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic looking units, i've still got a pile of them to paint up too

    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff! I have converted these to grenadies by adding WW I German heads and green stuff plumage. Strictly inaccurate but helps with identification.

    Stephen Mitchell

    ReplyDelete