Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Saturday 23 January 2016

Something New - French Grenadier Guards from Old John

Thanks for all the positive feedback, which has encouraged me to crack on with a few more units.

I got these figures from John Cunningham 'Old John' some months back and they have been sitting on my workbench half painted as other projects came and went. John describes these figures as moulded in the Hinton Hunt style, and they do look very similar. They are crisply cast and very nice to paint. The standard bearer is a conversion from one of the marching figures, with a home made standard.

The last picture is a comparison between thse figures and some Hinton Hunt British Guards.





11 comments:

  1. really pleased you like the new HH style French Guard, look even better painted
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you have any FPW figures for sale? I am interested in even single figures

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe he does. I have passed your question to John, who will hopefully respond.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a look and I do have some French FPW figures that I would be happy to sell or swap. If you let me have an email address I will contact you off line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Thanks look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needless to say my French Grenadiers are Airfix WW I French.

    Yours look tres bien.

    SM

    ReplyDelete
  7. What, exactly, are these figures (in terms of John's figure range and code)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure; Old John just informed me that they were in production and I ordered some from him. I would think if you ask him for 20mm Hinton Hunt Crimean French Guards he would be able to help you out?

      Delete