Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Britains Deetail Apaches 1/32

 These figures have been hanging around the edge of the painting table waiting for the few final touches and a few days ago I finished them off. 

In their original colours the figures are nice but finished in gaudy colours and those horrible lime green bases:

The figures themselves are quite accurate, with good detail and quite nice poses.  However, I thought they would benefit from a make over. I looked on line for some typical Apache dress and colours and tried to match it and make them look more realistic:
It was fun painting the brighter than normal colour schemes and I am quite pleased with the result. I believe Britains Deetail figures were made as paired sets to provide an 'enemy' and, although not sure, I think the Apache foe was the Mexican set. I have some of those and will paint them to match.  I also have mounted Apaches and Mexicans.  There is scope for sme skirmish games methinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment