As a bank holiday project I decided to reorganise and base the Guard cavalry. I had an unpainted lancer regiment, so I painted these and added them to the organisation. They were the 2nd Guard Lancer regiment, the Dutch lancers in red.
In all there are five regiments, The Chasseurs a Cheval, The Grenadiers a Cheval, The 1st and 2nd Lancer regiments and the Empress Dragoons.
The cavalry are providing an escort for the great man himself, with his staff. the Chasseurs are the close escort.
Apart from the Red Lancers, all of the figures are the stunning work of Jeffers.
I also finished off the line artillery, adding one of my batteries. I believe there are 3 or 4 more in a box somewhere.
The French army is almost finished, although I am painting six battalions of Guard grenadiers and the are four more line battalions which may turn out to be the Young Guard.







No comments:
Post a Comment