Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Monday 7 October 2024

British WW2 Heavy Artillery

 I recently took charge of a portion of the Eric Knowles WW2 collection.  I now own the 1940 British and early war Germans, or some of them at least.  As always, there is some rebasing and organising to be done.  Unfortunately, I did not get all of the British artillery and thought it would be nice to have some heavy guns, although I am not too sure how I would fit them onto my 8 x 4 table!

So, with reinforcements in mind, I purchased a couple of Resin 7.2" howitzers and a Strelets 6" gun, to provide the crew, which are dressed largely in 1940s, early war uniforms.  A couple of Oxford Diecast gun tractors were also purchased.

I had a lot of fun putting this lot together and here is the result:




I have some Vickers light tanks and Matildas to paint, along with a load of German horse drawn transport. I should soon be ready for a game or two.




5 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. Who does the 7.2" guns? My British heavy artillery is confined to 5.5" guns and a Lend Lease US 155mm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. The guns are available on eBay from a seller called scale fiend:
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126602879314?itmmeta=01J9KEJ6JBC93JVK67NKKD4ZAD&hash=item1d7a1ea152:g:~1QAAOSwJ31mqmqb

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed, they look super and should look great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Bob…
    The make for a very impressive battery…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 7.2" but it really deserves the front and rear ramps to handle the recoil and relaying - mine's a 20mm Hinchliffe kit that comes with them, not sure if anyone has the Hinchliffe 20mm equipment range these days so it's probably only an eBay option.

    ReplyDelete