Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Saturday 17 August 2024

Britains Herald Trojan

 I have been looking for a suitable figure to pose as a general for my Carthaginian army.  I didn't want to spend too much money on this figure and metal models turned out to be very expensive.  However, I spotted a plastic figure online that might do the trick and he was very cheap.  He is a mounted 'Trojan' and he sits on a cheap white plastic horse.  In his free arm he carries are rather odd, Roman style, banner.:

I thought I would try and adapt him for my needs.  The first thinkg I did was to cut off the banner and replace it with a sword.  Having mounted the figure on a wooden base I painted it with my Speed paints.  here is the result:
Not perfect, but I think he will do the job until a more suitable figure comes along.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. He will find a role commanding one of my armies.

      Delete
  2. A useful adaptation of an old toy soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the re-purposing of figures Bob, this one looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I too enjoy repainting the old Herald and Deetail figures.

      Delete
  4. He has turned out really well, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, another enjoyable little project.

      Delete
  5. Lovely work Bob
    I do like these old Herald Trojans… the are very stylish.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I agree. I have a couple of Trojan archers that I am thinking of painting.

      Delete