Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 10 March 2024

Hearts of Oak 54mm Figures

 A while ago, a good friend gave me several boxes of 54mm figures from the Williamite period, covering the Battle of the Boyne, 1690. The collection was made up of several makes, all beautifully painted.

A number of the figures were cast in a particular style and with quite a lot of variation.  I was told that they were cast by a company called 'Hearts of Oak', which has ceased production.

Here are some samples:




I had not heard of Hearts of Oak and many internet searches have failed to unearth any information.  I was wondering if anyone else had heard of them, or seen further examples.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    They are rather lovely. I am guessing you will do something with these and so I reckon Irregular Miniatures will round out the collection!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that, however, so far I have not needed to call upon Irregular Miniatures!

      Delete
  2. Ooh they are very nice, never seen them before or heard of the company, a real shame that they are out of business.The gun and crew is an absolute cracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree lots of character and would love to find more.

      Delete
  3. These are very nice indeed Bob…
    New to me I’m afraid…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I am going to trawl through some old military Modelling magazines to see if I can find any adverts.

      Delete