Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Tuesday 6 June 2023

More Herald Refurbishments

 I have had these Britains Herald American Civil War figures lurking in my toy box for as long as I remember.  For no reason, other than I thought they might be fun to paint, I dug them out to see what I could do.  They were in a very shabby state and I wanted to paint them as closely to the originals as possible.  Although most of the paint had gone on the models there was enough left to give an idea of what they would have looked like when new.  I also looked at some pictures online.

This is what they looked like before I started.  Unfortunately this example has a damaged musket and did not get a new paint job:

Perhaps a little brighter than the original paint scheme, these business-like Confederates are now ready to take to the field once more:




4 comments:

  1. Ooo!… I remember these Bob.
    You have certainly put some life back into them.
    I’ve always loved the pose of the officer.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. The officer looks good leading a charge and so often he suffers from a broken or chewed sword. I am sure there are some Union troops somewhere.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! How I used to long for these when they were on the shelf in the toy aisle of a local department store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Ross. I used to drool over the Swoppet knights in my local toy shop, which were way beyond my pocket money allowance.

      Delete