Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Sunday 9 April 2023

Early Cold War British

 I have been thinking about painting some late 1950s/early 60s figures for some time and the Easter break gave me the opportunity.  The figures are recasts of the Britains Lilliput range from the 50s/60s, plus a few Revell WW2 support teams.  They were recast by 'A call to Arms' a few years back and I acquired a couple of boxes:


The Bedford RL trucks and the two Austin Champs are also by Britains, the two scout cars are converted Matchbox items.  

The Saladin and Saracen armoured vehicles are from Airfix:

My longer term plan is to acquire some communist insurgents which will allow me to play some small scale actions such as were seen in Malaya and SE Asia at that time.


4 comments:

  1. A very nice force you have collected and painted from various model makers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. There are some very old items there too.

      Delete
  2. These are lovely little miniatures Bob…
    Nicely done…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I do like these old figures in their classic poses.

      Delete