Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Update for the week

I have been quite busy finishing off some small projects. 

First off, I have completed my colonial highland regiment, by adding another figure and an officer, bringing the total up to 12.  They are by Barry Minot. The new figures were kindly given to me by a very generous wargamer:

Also donated to the cause are these lovely rifle armed Zulus, also by Minot:

I have also completed a group of Hadendowah warriors. These came from Tradition and I believe they are from the original Stadden range:


And finally, just for fun, I felt the urge to paint some Airfix Union soldiers in the form of a kneeling firing line:



8 comments:

  1. All looking great, especially the old Airfix figures! That must represent quite a few boxes of Union Infantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had piles of the little fellows. In fact there are many more to come too!

      Delete
  2. Those old Minot figures have got real "style" and your Airfix regiment looks smashing. Good work!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. I am very fond of Minot figures, proper toy soldiers.

      Delete
  3. The Airfix highly glossed look great ! , they take me back 50 years or more .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same age as these figures. Some were bought in the late 60s!

      Delete
  4. Im very impressed by the Union regiment. They look great in their gloss, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I tend to paint all of my wargames figures in gloss colours.

    ReplyDelete